Enhance your campus recruiting efforts at the Broad College of Business with one of our partnering Broad College departments.
Residential Business Community
Dedicated to creating a residential academic experience to promote, enhance, and support a diverse group of students in their academic, personal, and professional growth as business students in a diverse and multicultural world.
Residential Business Community (RBC) prepares students to be business leaders and encourages their professional development throughout their college experience. This community living experience also assists students in acquiring the relational skills necessary to succeed and lead in today’s global society. Through a seamless environment of academic and experiential learning activities, students develop business leadership competencies in a collaborative, inclusive, and multicultural environment.
- BUS 101 is a Freshman Seminar for Broad College of Business students. In this course, students explore their interests with interactions between business and academic professionals; laying the foundation of skills and knowledge for success in business.
- BUS 102 is a Career Seminar for freshman students in the Residential Business Community in the Broad College of Business. Designed to assist in the exploration of professional fields in business, as well as to introduce students to the Lear Career Center and other available career services.
- International Student Career Certificate (ISCC) Program is for freshman and sophomore international students that are in or will be applying to the Broad College of Business, who are looking to develop their career readiness.
- BUS 201 is a Sophomore Seminar for Broad College of Business students, Residential Business Community students, and Eli Broad Graduate School of Management students. This course is an advanced version of the BUS 101 and 102 introductory courses. Topics that will be addressed include: multicultural competence, professional decision making and identity development, career strategies, working in a diverse team, and developing professional mentor relationships.
Multicultural Business Programs
Provides continuing student support to help ensure graduation, with individualized academic advising, tutoring, career development, and placement. Companies participate in a number of different ways through Multicultural Business Programs (MBP), investing time teaching, inspiring, and mentoring MSU students.
Generous corporate support makes the following programs possible:
- Summer Business Institute
- Multicultural Business Tutorial Program
- Multicultural Business Success Academy
- The Black History Month, Multicultural Heroes Hall of Fame Case Competition
- MBP Student Organizations